Miles & More related questions
- What is a Miles & More Global Traveller Card?
The Miles & More Global Traveller Card is a Chip & PIN secured card, issued by Cornercard UK Ltd. and in co-operation with Miles & More GmbH.
Miles & More Global Traveller Cards include the features of earning award miles on purchase transactions.
- Earn/Burn Award Miles, Welcome Bonus, Award Miles Expiration
- How can I earn award miles?
With your Miles & More Global Traveller Cards you can earn award miles on eligible* spends and everywhere where VISA cards are accepted. You will earn 1.25 award miles per £1 equally on both cards.
Further, as a Miles & More member you can easily earn accelerated miles by showing your Miles & More service card (physically or in digital form in the Miles & More app) e.g. at Lufthansa Group or Star Alliance check in counters and when you purchase something with your Miles & More Global Traveller Card at various Miles & More partners, locally in the UK and abroad.
* Eligible spend transactions are defined as spends on purchase transactions, excluding all cash withdrawals, charges, fees, lotteries, gambling transactions.
- How do I know that I have earned award miles?
All eligible* transactions will be visible in your card account statement. Your card account statement will be issued monthly. Only after your monthly statement has been issued and published to you, will the award miles will be credited automatically to your Miles & More account. Once the credit has taken place you will be able to redeem these award miles for the award of your choice.
*Eligible spend transactions are defined as spends on purchase transactions, excluding all cash withdrawals, charges, fees, lotteries, gambling transactions.
- Can award miles earned with my Global Traveller Cards be deducted from my Miles & More account?
Yes, your award miles can be deduced in cases of refunded transactions e.g. if you return a good to the merchant or you cancel a hotel booking etc. In such a case, the former credit of award miles will be debited in accordance with the refund value from your Miles & More account.
In case of fraudulent use, theft or counterfeiting of the Miles & More Global Traveller Card or in case of any claim, reversal and/or dispute arising from the use of the card, the relevant award miles will not be credited to the mileage account. If such award miles have been already credited to the cardholder, the same will be deducted by Miles & More. Your Global Traveller Account issuer, Cornercard UK Ltd., also reserves the right to reclaim Award miles that are issued for eligible transactions that are not paid on time and in accordance with the terms of your Global Traveller Account.
- I am missing my award miles – what can I do?
Award miles will be credited to your miles account automatically. Welcome Miles for your new Miles & More Global Traveller Card will be credited only after your first purchase transaction and your first card account statement has been issued. All award miles earned with your purchase transactions will be credited monthly to your mileage account. If you are missing any award miles for your purchase transactions please contact +44 (0) 2030 586 296 or Miles & More +44 (0) 371 945 97 37.
If you are missing award miles from a Miles & More partner (other than Cornercard UK Ltd) or you've failed to show your Miles & More service card to get accelerated Award miles at selected Miles & More partners you can retrospectively ask for award mile credits by filling up the form.
- Do I need to carry 2 cards in my wallet to collect award miles?
Yes. We recommend carrying the Miles & More Global Traveller Card and the Miles & More Service Card (physically or available digitally in the Miles & More app).
Your Miles & More Global Traveller Card will earn you award miles for every eligible* purchase transaction. Your award miles will be credited automatically on a monthly basis to your Miles & More account, initiated by Cornercard UK Ltd.
Your Miles & More Service Card is your "entry" for accelerated award miles at selected Miles & More partners around the globe. The service card will also help you to earn status miles on Lufthansa Group and selected partner airlines to become a frequent flyer with a whole world of benefits connected with flying (know more). For convenience, the Miles & More Service Card is also available as a virtual card in the Miles & More app.
Please note that to redeem your award miles the 15-digit Miles & More Service Card number is of importance.
* Eligible spend transactions are defined as spend on purchase transactions, excluding all cash withdrawals, charges, annual fees, lotteries, gambling transactions.
- How can I redeem my award miles?
Choose from a wide variety of Miles & More rewards to redeem your award miles. Select from travel awards, tickets, shopping deals and lifestyle awards, or donate your miles to a good cause. Get inspired.
- Will my award miles expire when I don't redeem them in time?
No, for Miles & More Global Traveller Card holders, earned award miles are protected from expiration. Award miles will not expire after 36 months as long as you meet the following conditions:
- You are a Miles & More Global Traveller Card holder for at least 3 months*; and
- Each month at least one (1) purchase is done with your Miles & More Global Traveller Cards which earns award miles (that is not returned or refunded).
* Please note, when you have recently opened a Miles & More Global Traveller Card account, award miles still can expire partially in the first 3 months.
Award miles that already expired cannot be reactivated by using the Miles & More Global Traveller Card.
For detailed information please visit www.miles-and-more.com/en/no-mileage-expiration.
If you are a Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member the "no-mileage-expiration feature" is not relevant for you due to your Miles & More status. Award miles will not expire as long as you hold the status.
If you decide to cancel your Miles & More Global Traveller Card, for all award miles collected with your cards, the mile expiry is reactivated again as per Miles & More terms & conditions.
- Frequent Flyer Status change at Lufthansa Miles & More, Service card number
- I have a new Miles & More status, is there any implication for the Miles & More Global Traveller Card?
No, there is no implication to your card. You will receive a new Miles & More Service Card with a new Miles & More Service number, showing your new status. Your new Miles & More Service number is connected to your Miles & More account, as is your Miles & More Global Traveller Card. You will continue to earn award miles on your account automatically without any effort for you.
- Right contact for my queries
Cornercard UK Ltd. Cardholder Support is available for you for all payment related questions:
Your Miles & More Service team is available for you for all Miles & More Program related questions. Please feel free to contact:
Payment Card Related Questions
- How do I get started with my new account?
As soon as you receive your cards simply call us on +44 (0) 2030 586 296 and we will activate your card. You can start using your Account and earning Award miles straight away.
- Card Statement
- What is included in my Statement?
Your monthly statement will include all charges made on the Account since your last statement. It will show your direct debit payment to the Account.
- How can I clear my card balance?
The Miles & More Global Traveller Card Account is a charge card product and needs to be paid in full each month. As part of your Account set-up, a monthly direct debit will have been set up for you. Please just ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover your spend during the month.
- How is my cross-border spend handled?
Wherever VISA is accepted around the world you can use your cards. Unless you agree to let the local retailer charge you in £GBP (and let them set the exchange rate) your purchase will take place in the local currency. It will be converted by the VISA network into a £GBP transaction at their respective Reference Exchange Rate (which is a typical market exchange rate). There will be a separate foreign currency conversion fee applied to your account of 2.99% of the transaction value. (Please see your Terms and Conditions for more detail).
- Does any fee apply for my Card statement?
There is no fee for your statement or interest to be paid on your purchases.
- When will I receive my statement?
You will receive an email notification indicating that your statement is available to view on the day it is generated. It is important to regularly check your statement and ensure there are no transactions you do not recognise on it. Having set up your direct debit payment there is however nothing else you need to do. The payment will be taken in full at the end of the payment due period.
- What is my credit limit?
Your credit limit is specific to you and your account. It is detailed at the top of every statement your receive and can be consulted at any time online at icorner.co.uk
- How can I increase my limit?
You can request a credit limit increase by calling +44 (0) 2030 586 296.
- Where will my Miles & More Global Traveller Card work?
Your VISA card will work at any merchant displaying the VISA brand symbol – both in store and online.
- What do I do if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
Simply call us on +44 (0) 2030 586 296 and let us know. Once you receive your new card you will need to activate it before use.
- My card expiry date is near, when will I receive my renewal card?
Typically your replacement cards will be issued around 6 weeks before the expiry of your existing cards.
- My Miles & More World Traveller Card is broken. How do I get a replacement card?
Simply call Customer Support on +44 (0) 2030 586 296 to request a replacement card.
- I've forgotten/lost my PIN. How do I request a new one?
You can order a PIN reminder or a new PIN for your card by calling customer services on +44 (0) 2030 586 296.
- I've blocked my card by entering the wrong PIN three times. What should I do?
You'll need to request a PIN reminder by calling us on +44 (0) 2030 586 296.
- How can I make changes to my personal data?
Simply call us on +44 (0) 2030 586 296.
- Can I have a supplementary cardholder on my Global Traveller Account?
The Global Traveller Account is a personal account and does not support additional cardholders.
- My flight was cancelled or delayed, how do I claim compensation?
Compensation for delays or cancellations needs to be handled directly with the airline and will be processed in accordance with their policies.
- I want to buy a ticket/upgrade with my Award Miles how do I do this?
You can redeem your Awards Miles in lots of different ways. Visit www.miles-and-more.com.
- How do Mobile Payments work?
Mobile payments are possible via Apple Pay and Samsung Pay using your VISA card. Full details of how to use mobile payments are available through the following link and selecting the relevant details within Digital Payments: https://www.cornercard.co.uk/